The Booktubeathon Rules:
- Read a book with pictures.
- Start and finish a series.
- Read a book with red on the cover.
- Read a book someone else picks out for you.
- Read a book from the genre you have read the least this year.
- Read a book and then watch the movie adaptation.
- Read 7 books in 7 days and/or an average of 300 pages a day.
- Warm bodies by Isaac Marion as my ‘book with pictures’ and ‘book to movie adaptation’ I’m yet to see the film so the book will not be spoiled in any way for me. I just hope it’s good, my sister loves it.
- I have cheated a little with my ‘Start and finish a series’ I will be starting The Maze Runner by James Dashner and finishing the Slated trilogy with Shattered by Teri Terry.
- Fractured (Slated #2) by Teri Terry is my book with red on the cover.
- My fiancé picked out Spook’s: A New Darkness by Joseph Delaney for me, he’s read it already and says it’s fantastic, as good, if not better, than The Wardstone Chronicles so I am excited to read it!
- A Symphony of Echoes by Jodi Taylor is contemporary/general fiction, the genre of which I have read the least so far this year there is also a little sci-fi element to it and I haven’t read much of that either.
- To take me up to 7 books I have chosen Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaria, I have been desperate to read this book for a long time, it has such a pretty cover and the storyline seems such an interesting concept.
My progress so far…
So far I have managed to read all of A Symphony of Echos and I am currently 301 pages into Fractured, just 120 pages left! As I don’t work Mondays I was able to make a really good start, 631 pages in total read yesterday.
Fractured is so good! Slated, the first book in the trilogy, was a little slow, nothing much happened. It was more of an introduction to the characters and the world, albeit a drawn out introduction. The only real action was within the last hundred pages or so, for me that seems a bit late. If I’m honest I was uncertain as to whether or not I would bother reading the rest of the trilogy. Now I am so glad that I did, Fractured has been a wonderful second instalment. There has been much more action and things are finally starting to unfold; the story is really picking up. I can’t wait to finish Fractured when I get home from work today and then begin Shattered, my ‘Finish a series’ book.
I am a little sceptical as to whether or not I will be able to read 7 books by midnight on Sunday 20th July. I am at work all week, I have to go to the gym tonight and go to my pole dancing class tomorrow night so that will cut a huge chunk out of my reading time. Fortunately, I have a completely free weekend so if necessary I can try and squeeze in all of the remaining reads that I have.
I love the idea of reading challenges, all those people across the globe taking part in the same event, reading great books and discussing them with one another. I love receiving book recommendations from my fellow bookworms and members of the bookstagram community.
Have you ever taken part in a reading challenge such as the booktubeathon? I tried the #bookstagramathon last month, and failed miserably. I managed just 3 out of the 5 books that I had chosen. Fingers crossed that I am more successful with this challenge!
If you’re doing the booktubeathon then let me know what you’re reading and how you’re getting on, I love hearing from you :).